Orange Pound Cake
Koningsdag or King's Day is a national holiday in the Kingdom of the Netherlands. Celebrated on 27 April, the date marks the birth of our beloved and cool king, King Willem-Alexander.
Though this year, we will all miss the big party and big wave of color orange in the country, the boats, the loud music, the pre-loved items lined up on the streets and most importantly the booze!
Hopefully things will be back to normal next year. For now, we have to stay insde and I wanna share this Orange Pound Cake recipe with you all. It is moist, light and perfect for a royal life :)
Prepapartion Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 40 mins Total Time: 50 mins 8 serving
Tools you need: Oven, mixing bowls, measuring cups & spoons, hand mixer or whisk, loaf pan, spatula
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (160g) caster sugar
- 1 1/3 cup (160g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup (150g) salted butter
- 1 large orange (juice + zest)
Let's start baking!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a 10 x 4.5-inch (25×10 cm) loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Sift in the flour with the baking powder, stirring well.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and pour it into the batter.
- Juice and zest the fresh orange and incorporate.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin and bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before serving.
- Top with yogurt and slices of orange.